The Building Unit of ISD is responsible for enforcing both State and City building and zoning regulations.
- When building permit required
- When and where permits issued
- Who can obtain a building permit and what other permits will be required?
- Building Permit Process
- Fee Schedule
- What is a demolition permit?
- When and where are permits issued?
- Application process
- Application checklist
- Fee information
Newspaper Boxes: Every April 1, all newspaper boxes in the City of Somerville must be registered. There is a $50 application fee with an additional $25 for each newspaper box. Registered newspaper boxes will have a sticker with a listing number. Boxes without current stickers will be removed from the street and held at the Department of Public Works. Storage fine is five dollars a day until the newspaper box is retrieved and registered.